Monday, September 27, 2010

Screw you Suzie Homemaker

It ain't easy trying to be all domestic. I'll tell you a day don't go by that I don't burn something. I am giving it my best shot. This cooking thing. But it ain't always worth eating. And after all the effort put into it and to have it all go up into smoke right before your eyes is devastating. Last night I forgot and left the mashed potatoes on low. Burnt the pan. Today I made stroganoff to only do the same thing. I quickly scraped it out of the pan and put it in a nice serving dish. Thought my Honey might not notice as I filled the pan with soapy water that I  yet burnt another pan.

 I want to know how these women do it? You know the ones that even know how to set a table properly . Well, in my defense I do have an awful lot of distractions. Having to change a diaper, get one a snack, wipe up spilt milk, clean-up the cat food my toddler is eating, all the while nursing my clingy infant is in fact distracting. Not like I ever wanted my own cooking show anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment