Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Garden 2011

God has been good to me this year. Mother nature very kind. That along with a little hard work, a healthy dose of fertilizer, and daily water, my gardening experience this year has been successful. It seemed I even managed to time it this year perfectly. I planted May 22 the only nice weekend which was followed with 4-5 weeks straight of rain. Gotta love this coastal Washington weather! Even though we hardly broke an average temperature of the lower 60's with very cool nights into the lower 40's the seeds germinated well. I did find for a period during the cooler temperatures the growth seemed to stand still but once July came around and we finally experienced warmer temperatures the growth was amazing.

Fertilizer:
I really do believe this is what makes it or breaks it. Last year my garden being a 1st yr. garden spot we did not nearly work enough fertilizer into the soil before planting. This year I used fertilizer from Pacific Gro . It is an organic fertilizer composed of fish products. This stuff is more than amazing. My peas are over 6 feet tall, and I have zucchini leaves past my waste and wider than my body. Though a good dose of any fertilizer can be the trick. I really do believe this stuff to be superior. Check out their website for more information. Just click on the link above to check out their website. They are located here in Raymond Washington and ship product all over.

June 6 2011, 2 weeks after germination






A month and half after germination




July 28, 2011 2 months after planting
 
Peas are up to 6 ft.


The babies enjoying some peas

No comments:

Post a Comment